Friday, March 21, 2014

The Wedding Favors

Friday, March 21, 2014

We drove to New York this evening for Nichole's bridal shower, which is tomorrow. I became very aware while making the bomboniere (wedding favors) with my sisters and Natalia that these moments are precious. I think the prospect of my vocation, living that life, has become so real, so vivid and so present that it makes me want to be more attentive to things in the present. For example it could have just been an annoying thing to get done but instead I told my sisters "this is a really precious time. Let's love these moments presently. This is the only time we will all together prepare a bridal shower like this, the four of us plus Nichole." Sure maybe there was a girly nostalgic dimension but more than anything I don't want the time spent this weekend to be wasted. I want everything to remind me of you, Christ, if it be your will. 

With you on my mind, I am a changed person. I am a different person. With my sisters I think I am happier and more patient. I may be goofier but it's because I sense you near and so I sense myself as loved. If I am loved it's because you’re near and if I am loved and you are near, anything is possible. 

I love you lord, stay always sooooooooo close to me. 

Vss Vpm


No comments:

Post a Comment